The Audit Senior is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the simultaneous progress of two to three financial statement audits conducted using a risk-based approach. A majority of the Firm’s audit clients are not-for-profits, some of which are subject to A-133 guidance for auditing.
Position Reports To
The Audit Senior reports primarily to the Audit Partner and secondarily to either the Audit Supervisor or Manager or the audit engagement partner.
- Ensure the audit work performed is in accordance with GAAP
- Utilize a risk-based approach to planning and performing audits
- Uphold firm standards and follow firm procedures
- Able to determine and perform needed audit procedures
- Suggest improvements in the efficiencies and effectiveness of the audit process
- Prepare initial planning and risk assessment of less complex audits
- Begin to research audit issues
- Attend presentations of audited financial statements
- Develop skills to train and coach staff in components of an audit area
- Participate in-house group training sessions
- Monitor audit work to ensure timely completion and to minimize time overruns
- Values a balance between work and life
- Understand the importance of client service
- Willingness to be involved in the community
- Perform other tasks as needed
- Possess a college degree and be a candidate taking the Exam or licensed as a CPA or a Chartered Accountant pursuing a CPA license.
- Have a minimum of two years experience with demonstrated increase in the level of responsibility and supervision
Measures of Success
- Complete audits in a timely fashion as determined by the client and the firm
- Contribute to the profitability goals for firm
- Improvement in knowledge and capabilities of self and staff